Another Bread Recipe
Jean Marsh sent me this recipe to share with you. What could be easier?
Easy No-Knead Skillet Bread
Prep time: 1 hour 35 mins Cook time: 40 mins
1 package active dry yeast (21⁄4 tsp if measuring from bulk yeast)
2 cups lukewarm water (110 degrees)
1⁄2 Tbsp kosher salt
4-1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
Rosemary about 1 T
1. Combine yeast and warm water in a large bowl or pitcher.
2. Using a wooden spoon add in 1 cup of the flour and then the salt and finely chopped rosemary & mix until combined. Stir in the rest of the flour, one cup at a time, until completely incorporated.
3. Cover with plastic wrap or a lid that is not shut completely. Allow to rise for 1 hour.
4. Do not punch down the dough. Lightly oil the bottom of a cast iron skillet (a10” or 12” skillet works well). Sprinkle a good amount of flour on top of the dough and then cover hands with flour. Take all of the dough and shape into a disk. (it will be sticky).
5. Place in the skillet, cover loosely with a towel, and allow to rise for another 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 400F.
7. Drizzle a little more oil over the top of the bread, and slash the dough with a knife creating an X. Sprinkle with coarse salt and chopped rosemary.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is a deep brown color.
Recipe courtesy of Jean Marsh, Huntsville, TX