I just shared my recipe for Goat Cheese Panna Cotta with a local magazine - and now I want to share it with you!
- 2-1/2 tsp Unflavored Gelatin
- 1-1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 5 ounces Goat Cheese
- 8 ounces small Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon dried Oregano
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped into a paste
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary, minced
- 24 Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 1-2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 fresh Basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Stir gelatin into ¾ cup of cream and let sit five minutes.
- Heat ¾ cup cream over low heat until it begins to bubble. Remove from heat, add the goat cheese and stir until smooth. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir the gelatin/cream mixture into the cream/goat cheese mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour into six small molds sprayed with olive oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
Prepare the garnishes:
- Cut the tomatoes into bite size pieces. Add olive oil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. - Let marinate at room temperature 30-45 minutes.
- Combine pine nuts, garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste. Let marinate at room temperature 30-45 minutes.
Presentation: Unmold goat cheese panna cotta onto plate. Place 1 tablespoon of pine nuts, 2 tablespoons marinated tomatoes and 4 Kalamata olives on each plate. Place dots of balsamic vinegar around plate and garnish with fresh basil.
Serves 6 as an appetizer or first course